Gallery

Summertime 2021

Moscow Botanical Garden

The Tsytsin Main Moscow Botanical Garden was founded in April 1945, and claims itself to be the largest botanical garden in Europe. It covers a territory of approximately 3.61 km² and contains a live exhibition of more than twenty thousand different species of plants coming from various parts of the world. 

Japanese Garden

Ostankino Park

Church of the Holy Trinity in Ostankino

The first wooden Trinity Church was built in 1585 and was destroyed in the Time of Troubles. In 1625-27 Prince Cherkassky built a new wooden church. In 1692 a stone church in the name of the Trinity was build which with some modifications survives to this day.

VDNKH Exhibition Center

VDNKH was established in 1935 and now is a huge complex of pavilions, with a total area covering over one hundred and thirty square meters. It is the largest exhibition centre in Moscow and each year there are more than one hundred and fifty specialized exhibitions.

Birds of Losiniy Ostrov

Serednikovo

Serednikovo estate located in Moscow suburbs represents Russian neoclassical architecture of the 18th century. The estate is surrounded by a magnificent garden with round pond and canals. Serednikovo is a place where Mikhail Lermontov (1814-1841), one of the greatest and most famous Russian poets, used to spend summer holidays.

Arkhangelskoe

Arkhangelskoe museum-estate consists of a palace with terraced park which has one of the biggest collections of park sculptures in the world, a landscape park, a theatre built in 1817-18 on the project of famous Italian architect and painter Pietro Gonzago, a small palace “Caprice” and pavilion Small Tea House.

Archangel Michael’s Church is the oldest surviving building on the estate dating from the mid-17th century.

Radonezh

Radonezh is an absolutely beautiful village where Sergiy Radonezhsky once lived. The old town of Radonezh is known to have existed since the first half of the 14th century. Transfiguration Church (Церковь Преображения Господня, 1842) along with the nearby Sacred spring, a font and a monument to St. Sergius are located on the outskirts of the village. Very impressive place!

Khotkovo

Khotkovo town is the site of a monastery, founded by the parents of Sergiy Radonezhsky – Kirill and Maria. The date of foundation is not known, but was first mentioned in 1308. Pokrovskiy Khotkov monastery is the convent of the Russian Orthodox Church, located in Khotkovo town on the river Paja.

Abramtsevo

Abramtsevo Museum Reserve is one of the most famous art museums in Russia. The history of Abramtsevo is associated with the names of artists Segey Aksakov, Viktor Vasnetsov, Mikhail Vrubel, Ilya Repin, Vasiliy Polenov, Valentin Serov and Savva Mamontov. Dozens of paintings which are internationally treasured now were created there. Abramtsevo was founded in 18th century.

The architectural gem of Abramtsevo is the Church of the Savior (Церковь Спаса Нерукотворного Образа), built by architect Pavel Samarin, according to designs by the artists Victor Vasnetsov and Vasily Polenov.

Bolshie Vyazemy and Church of Transfiguration (1598)

Bolshie Vyazemy is associated with the name of Pushkin, one of the greatest Russian poets. All his childhood Alexander Sergeevich spent in the estate Zakharovo, located next to Bolshie Vyazemy. Pushkin first encountered Russian nature and began to write his first poems here. Two estates are reflected in the poem “Evgeniy Onegin”. Zakharovo became the prototype of the Larins’ estate, and Bolshiye Vyazemy became the Onegin house.

Zakharovo

Zakharovo is the estate where Alexander Sergeevich Pushkin spent his childhood. The estate is surrounded by pond, on the banks of which Pushkin liked to sit, choosing rhymes for words. Beautiful monument to Pushkin’s grandmother – Maria Alekseevna Hannibal is also located in the village of Zakharovo.

Aptekarskiy Ogorod

Founded by Peter the Great in 1706 as a kitchen garden (ogorod) for growing medicinal plants. Since 1805, it has belonged to the Moscow State University as part of the Biology Faculty. You can explore the gardens as well as three different greenhouses. 

Moscow Botanical Garden

Gallery

Snowy winter 2020/2021

Moscow North River Terminal

Moscow North River Terminal (built in 1937) is one of two passenger terminals of river transport in Moscow. The terminal, port and park was reconstructed in the beginning of 2020 and now look very festive with all Christmas decorations and first snow. It’s also a great place to enjoy winter sunset colors!

Serednikovo

Serednikovo estate located in Moscow suburbs represents Russian neoclassical architecture of the 18th century. The estate is surrounded by a magnificent garden with round pond and canals. Serednikovo is a place where Mikhail Lermontov (1814-1841), one of the greatest and most famous Russian poets, used to spend summer holidays.

Archangel Michael’s Church

This church is the oldest surviving building on the Arkhangelskoe estate dating from the mid-17th century.

Arkhangelskoe

Arkhangelshoe museum-estate consists of a palace with terraced park which has one of the biggest collections of park sculptures in the world, a landscape park, a theatre built in 1817-18 on the project of famous Italian architect and painter Pietro Gonzago, a small palace “Caprice” and pavilion Small Tea House. This is a great place to spend snowy winter day walking among beautiful buildings and sculptures surrounded by the forest and close to the Moskva river.

Tsaritsyno

Tsaritsyno is a palace museum and park reserve in the south of Moscow which includes an architectural complex of Greenhouses, historical landscaped park with ponds. It was founded in 1776 by the order of Catherine the Great and built by two great architects Vasiliy Bazhenov and Matvey Kazakov.

The Church of the Icon of the Mother of God (Храм Иконы Божьей Матери) was built in 1722 and is the part of Tsaritsyno Palace and park ensemble.

Abramtsevo

Abramtsevo Museum Reserve is one of the most famous art museums in Russia. The history of Abramtsevo is associated with the names of artists Segey Aksakov, Viktor Vasnetsov, Mikhail Vrubel, Ilya Repin, Vasiliy Polenov, Valentin Serov and Savva Mamontov. Dozens of paintings which are internationally treasured now were created there. Abramtsevo was founded in 18th century.

The architectural gem of Abramtsevo is the Church of the Savior (Церковь Спаса Нерукотворного Образа), built by architect Pavel Samarin, according to designs by the artists Victor Vasnetsov and Vasily Polenov.

Izmaylovo Kremlin

Izmaylovo Kremlin is a cultural center with Russian Revival-style museums, workshops & markets, located near the Izmaylovo estate.

Izmaylovo

Izmaylovo Estate was a country residence of the House of Romanov. The present-day Court retains two sets of palace gates, a cathedral and a barbican tower built in the 1670s-1680s.