Panoramic views of Moscow from the Sparrow Hills.
Sparrow Hills is the area in southwestern Moscow positioned on the bank of the Moskva river. It is the highest point in the city at 220 metres above sea level.
Church of the Trinity is the only surviving building from the village of Vorobyovo, which was not destroyed by Napoleon invasion and was not closed during the Soviet period.
Moskva river enbankment
Nesjuchniy Sad which literary means “not boring garden” is the oldest Moscow park the history of which dates back to 1756.
Cathedral of Christ the Savior
Moscow Botanical Garden
Sviblovo estate and Holy Trinity Church
Beautiful church with a bell-tower is located over the Yauza river on a high hill overlooking the river and the valley. The name of the manor is connected with the name of one of the towers of the Kremlin – Sviblovo.
Serednikovo estate located in Moscow suburbs represents Russian neoclassical architecture of the 18th century. The estate is surrounded by a magnificent garden with round pond and canals. Serednikovo is a place where Mikhail Lermontov (1814-1841), one of the greatest and most famous Russian poets, used to spend summer holidays.
Kuskovo museum complex in Moscow is a summer estate of the Sheremetev family built in 18th century and includes Summer palace, Grotto, Italian house, Kuskovo Church and Tower bell, Hermitage in English landscape garden, the Dutch house and Orangeries. Grotto pavilion was constructed between 1755 and 1761 and was intended to represent the palace of the King of the Seas. Interior was made of whorled seashells of 24 different types which were delivered from the Mediterranean, Red, Black seas, the Sea of Japan, and reservoirs of the Moscow region.
Arkhangelshoe museum-estate consists of a palace with terraced park which has one of the biggest collections of park sculptures in the world, a landscape park, a theatre built in 1817-18 on the project of famous Italian architect and painter Pietro Gonzago, a small palace “Caprice” and pavilion Small Tea House. This is a great place to spend colorful autumn day walking among beautiful buildings and sculptures surrounded by the forest and close to the Moskva river.
Nikolo-Ugreshskiy Monastery is a Russian Orthodox male monastery located in the town of Dzerzhinsky, Moscow region. The monastery was founded by Dmitry Donskoy in 1380 but most of its churches were destroyed during the Soviet era. They were rebuilt or repaired after 1991, this place looks absolutely beautiful nowadays.
Dzerzhinsky sandy quarry
Sergiev Posad is a city in Russia, northeast of Moscow, which is home to one of the most revered monasteries in Russia – the UNESCO-protected Troitse-Sergieva Lavra.
Troitse-Sergieva Lavra (Holy Trinity Lavra of St.Sergius) is the 14th-century monastery complex which was founded in 1337. The monastery is comprised of over 50 historically significant constructions, including the 16th-century Assumption Cathedral and 15th-century Cathedral of the Holy Trinity.
Moscow Botanical Garden
Abramtsevo Museum Reserve is one of the most famous art museums in Russia. The history of Abramtsevo is associated with the names of artists Segey Aksakov, Viktor Vasnetsov, Mikhail Vrubel, Ilya Repin, Vasiliy Polenov, Valentin Serov and Savva Mamontov. Dozens of paintings which are internationally treasured now were created there. Abramtsevo was founded in 18th century.
The architectural gem of Abramtsevo is the Curch of the Savior, built by architect Pavel Samarin, according to designs by the artists Victor Vasnetsov and Vasily Polenov.