Gallery

Springtime in Moscow and Moscow region, 2021

March

Moscow Botanical Garden

The Tsytsin Main Moscow Botanical Garden was founded in April 1945, and claims itself to be the largest botanical garden in Europe. It covers a territory of approximately 3.61 km² and contains a live exhibition of more than twenty thousand different species of plants coming from various parts of the world. 

Radonezh

Radonezh is an absolutely beautiful village where Sergiy Radonezhsky once lived. The old town of Radonezh is known to have existed since the first half of the 14th century. Transfiguration Church (Церковь Преображения Господня, 1842) along with the nearby Sacred spring, a font and a monument to St. Sergius are located on the outskirts of the village. Very impressive place!

Khotkovo

Khotkovo town is the site of a monastery, founded by the parents of Sergiy Radonezhsky – Kirill and Maria. The date of foundation is not known, but was first mentioned in 1308. Pokrovskiy Khotkov monastery is the convent of the Russian Orthodox Church, located in Khotkovo town on the river Paja.

Khotkovo Art Salon

Abramtsevo

Abramtsevo Museum Reserve is one of the most famous art museums in Russia. The history of Abramtsevo is associated with the names of artists Segey Aksakov, Viktor Vasnetsov, Mikhail Vrubel, Ilya Repin, Vasiliy Polenov, Valentin Serov and Savva Mamontov. Dozens of paintings which are internationally treasured now were created there. Abramtsevo was founded in 18th century.

The architectural gem of Abramtsevo is the Church of the Savior (Церковь Спаса Нерукотворного Образа), built by architect Pavel Samarin, according to designs by the artists Victor Vasnetsov and Vasily Polenov.

Mytishchi

Sergiev Posad

Sergiev Posad is a city in Russia, northeast of Moscow, which is home to one of the most revered monasteries in Russia – the UNESCO-protected Troitse-Sergieva Lavra. Troitse-Sergieva Lavra (Holy Trinity Lavra of St.Sergius) is the 14th-century monastery complex which was founded in 1337. The monastery is comprised of over 50 historically significant constructions, including the 16th-century Assumption Cathedral and 15th-century Cathedral of the Holy Trinity.

Moscow Botanical Garden

April

Aptekarskiy Ogorod

Founded by Peter the Great in 1706 as a kitchen garden (ogorod) for growing medicinal plants. Since 1805, it has belonged to the Moscow State University as part of the Biology Faculty. You can explore the gardens as well as three different greenhouses. 

Moscow, Prospekt Mira

Ekaterininskiy Park

Catherine Park is an outstanding achievement of 18th and 19th-century Russian garden art. The ongoing modernization of Moscow parks has not yet affected the old Catherine Park, which still retains its former charm. The park has many century-old oaks and even one 300-year-old willow, so old trees are well taken care of here. The park is overlooking Olimpiyskiy stadium, which used to be the biggest sport/concert venue in Moscow and is currently under construction.

Moscow Botanical garden and  VDNKH Exhibition Center

Aptekarskiy Ogorod

Arkhangelskoe

Arkhangelshoe museum-estate consists of a palace with terraced park which has one of the biggest collections of park sculptures in the world, a landscape park, a theatre built in 1817-18 on the project of famous Italian architect and painter Pietro Gonzago, a small palace “Caprice” and pavilion Small Tea House.

Archangel Michael’s Church is the oldest surviving building on the estate dating from the mid-17th century.

A cute beaver having dinner at the Arkhangelskoe estate 🙂

Moscow Botanical Garden

Gulls having dinner at the Moscow Botanical garden.

Kuskovo

Kuskovo museum complex in Moscow is a summer estate of the Sheremetev family built in 18th century and includes Summer palace, Grotto, Italian house, Kuskovo Church and Tower bell, Hermitage in English landscape garden, the Dutch house and Orangeries. Grotto pavilion was constructed between 1755 and 1761 and was intended to represent the palace of the King of the Seas. Interior was made of whorled seashells of 24 different types which were delivered from the Mediterranean, Red, Black seas, the Sea of Japan, and reservoirs of the Moscow region.

Aptekarskiy Ogorod

VDNKH exhibition center

VDNKH was established in 1935 and now is a huge complex of pavilions, with a total area covering over one hundred and thirty square meters. It is the largest exhibition centre in Moscow and each year there are more than one hundred and fifty specialized exhibitions.

May

Mytishchi

Easter installations in Moscow

Moscow Botanical Garden

Japanese Garden

Muzeon

Cathedral of Christ the Savior

Park Gorkogo

Gorky Park, located at Krymskiy Val and situated just across the Moskva River, was opened in 1928.

Neskuchniy Garden

Nesjuchniy Sad which literary means “not boring garden” is the oldest Moscow park the history of which dates back to 1756.

Moskva river enbankment

Aptekarskiy Garden

VDNKH exhibition center

Just me and apple trees blossom

Church of the Holy Trinity in Ostankino

The first wooden Trinity Church was built in 1585 and was destroyed in the Time of Troubles. In 1625-27 Prince Cherkassky built a new wooden church. In 1692 a stone church in the name of the Trinity was build which with some modifications survives to this day.

Tsaritsyno

Tsaritsyno is a palace museum and park reserve in the south of Moscow which includes an architectural complex of Greenhouses, historical landscaped park with ponds. It was founded in 1776 by the order of Catherine the Great and built by two great architects Vasiliy Bazhenov and Matvey Kazakov.

The Church of the Icon of the Mother of God (Храм Иконы Божьей Матери) was built in 1722 and is the part of Tsaritsyno Palace and park ensemble.