Arkhangelshoe museum-estate consists of a palace with terraced park which has one of the biggest collections of park sculptures in the world, a landscape park, a theatre built in 1817-18 on the project of famous Italian architect and painter Pietro Gonzago, a small palace “Caprice” and pavilion Small Tea House. This is a great place to spend summer day walking among beautiful buildings and sculptures surrounded by the forest and close to the Moskva river.
In the 19th century a number of great Russian writers, poets and historians visited the estate. Among them were Pushkin, Gertsen and Karamsin. A.S. Pushkin monument was also designed by P. Gonzara.
Archangel Michael’s Church is the oldest surviving building on the estate dating from the mid-17th century.
Kuskovo museum complex in Moscow is a summer estate of the Sheremetev family built in 18th century and includes Summer palace, Grotto, Italian house, Kuskovo Church and Tower bell, Hermitage in English landscape garden, the Dutch house and Orangeries. Grotto pavilion was constructed between 1755 and 1761 and was intended to represent the palace of the King of the Seas. Interior was made of whorled seashells of 24 different types which were delivered from the Mediterranean, Red, Black seas, the Sea of Japan, and reservoirs of the Moscow region.
Izmaylovo Estate was a country residence of the House of Romanov. The present-day Court retains two sets of palace gates, a cathedral and a barbican tower built in the 1670s-1680s.
Intercession Cathedral (Храм Покрова Пресвятой Богородицы) was build between 1671 and 1679, replacing an earlier wooden church. The four-pillar, red-brick cathedral features five black domes and upper section is decorated with colorful porcelain tiles.
Peter the Great Statue was unveiled in 2008. Peter The Great discovered a boat at the Izmaylovo estate which lead to young Peter’s passion of sailing and later he would found Russia’s first navy.
Izmaylovo Kremlin is a cultural center with Russian Revival-style museums, workshops & markets, located near the Izmaylovo estate.
Picturesque gothic style Bykovo mansion hidden in the beautiful forest was home to a number of notable families and is an example of 18th and 19th century taste and style. Bykovo forested park is an oasis untouched by development along the small Bykovka River.
Church of Vladimir Icon of Mother of God was built in 1789 by Vasiliy Bazhenov and is located in the village of Bykovo. The architecture is very beautiful and unusual for most Orthodox churches, it may be the only one of its kind in Russia.
Moscow Botanical Garden
Church of the Holy Trinity in Ostankino.
The first wooden Trinity Church was built in 1585 and was destroyed in the Time of Troubles. In 1625-27 Prince Cherkassky built a new wooden church. In 1692 a stone church in the name of the Trinity was build which with some modifications survives to this day.
Ostankino Palace is a former summer residence of Sheremetev family build in 1798. Currently the Palace is closed for massive restoration work but still stays one of great monuments of architecture of the 18th century.
Ostankino Television and radio Tower – the tallest free-standing structure in Europe- is surrounded by beautiful park and located near to tram station.
Golden Spike is one of the most famous fountains at the biggest Moscow Exhibition center VDNKHa.
Beautiful jasmine blossom.
The small country estate of Muranovo is located on the high bank of the Talitsa river, 60 km from Moscow. The landscape is charmingly simple and nice.
Holy Spring. Святой источник Казанской Иконы Божьей Матери.
Muranovo Museum is also called the House of Poets because its history is bound with the names of two famous Russian poets Fedor Tyutchev and Evgeniy Baratynsky. In the past Muranovo was an average country estate which consisted of the main house, a church, different residential buildings, a garden and a park. The estate and the surrounding landscape make up an inseparable harmony. The estate was built in 1816 and its main house was build in wood in 1842 by Evgeniy Baratynsky. In 1920 the estate became a museum.